Congratulations on your purchase of this Moisture Meter. This instrument is a conductivity moisture meter specifically designed for the wood/paper/building material industries.
The instrument has for ABCD wood scales, enabling the user to take accurate moisture measurements in all kinds of wood species. You can choose paper mode to Test moisture of Cardboard, carton and paper. And you can select WALL mode to test moisture of sheetrock, wallboard, or other building materials.
Caution: The electrode measurement pins are extremely sharp. Users care when handling this instrument. Cover the pins with the protective cap when the instrument is not in use.
1. Remove the cap to expose the needle electrodes.
2. Power ON the Instrument.
3. Select the appropriate wood calibration scale A, B, C, D (See the Wood Calibration Tables later in this guide) Using “WOOD” button.
4. Or Press “PAPER/WALL” key to Choose Paper Mode or Wall Mode. Paper mode is used for testing Cardboard/Carton. Wall mode is used for testing Sheetrock/Wall Board/Floor.
4. Push the needle pins into the material and observe the reading.
5. Power OFF the instrument.
Auto Power OFF:
This instrument will be Auto Power OFF if there is no any button pressing in 5 minutes. This design is for saving battery power consumption.
LCD Display With Backlight
Principle: Electrical resistance
Wood Range: 4~75%
Paper Range: 4~90%
Wall Range: 0.2~24%
Electrode length: 10mm(0.4″)
Electrode pins: Integrated
Auto Power OFF: After approx.5 minutes
Power Supply: 2*AAA batteries
Meter housing: ABS plastic
Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 (32 to 104)
Dimensions: 145 X 67 X 32mm (5.7″ x 2.6″ x 1.3″)
Weight: 200g (7.0 oz)
Wood Species Group Table:
A: Teak, Walnut, Afrormosia, Rubber Tree, Imbuia, Kokrodua, Niove Bidinkala, Cork
B: Keruing, White Poplar, Beech, Cedar, Tola
C: Lauan, Ash, Elm, Fir, Maple, Padauk, Oak, Cherry
D: Basswood, Larch, Pine, Birch
Cardboard, Carton, Paper
Sheetrock, Wall Board, Floor